What is Epoxy Flooring System?
Epoxy is a type of floor finishing or flooring system that is obtainable from a two-component thermosetting mixture. It is made from polymer materials that start life as liquids and are converted to solid polymers by a chemical reaction. Epoxy flooring is compounded from resins and hardeners to create a super solid, glossy and durable material after a couple of days of its application or installation on a concrete floor that has been smoothed and prepared.
Where Epoxy flooring system is used for?
The people’s choice of epoxy over other forms of floor coating isn’t just magical, epoxy coatings create a strong and durable floor that protects your concrete from everyday damages. Epoxies are a resinous flooring system and basement coating options that have many variations such as Epoxy Mortar, Epoxy Quartz, Anti-static Epoxy, Flake Epoxy, etc, which makes it suitable for use at different places of choice such as Warehouses, residential Buildings, Showroom, Plants, Garages, Commercial areas, etc. Epoxy has been growing so popular over the last few decades and Sydney Epoxy Flooring is proud to be a major key player in the business and art of epoxy flooring.
Types of Epoxy Flooring Systems and its Features & Benefits
The epoxy flooring system over time has grown and advanced in style. Sydney Epoxy Flooring provides a Three-Dimensional (3D) Epoxy flooring that comes out dazzling and has a beauty that cannot be ignored because it can be customized to individuals’ preferred designs and colours, making it is suitable for use at homes, businesses and artistic spaces. Epoxy flooring is not the same as the regular concrete staining, the brightness and solidity of a three-dimensional colour produced with this popular process will fascinate everyone that enters your business or home and give your basement a more aesthetical appeal.
- Epoxy is also known to offer excellent moisture and solvent resistance. Unlike Vinyl tiles and other floorings that later on get affected when exposed too much moisture. At Sydney Epoxy Flooring, we make epoxy floors that hold a firm ground against solvent and moisture for a very long time. It is finely and smoothly finished and is water-resistant.
- Sydney Epoxy Flooring is known for providing Industries with production lines and spaces where goods are being handled such as warehouses, loading bays, and where compressive loads are generated by the movement of goods on trucks, pallets, etc prefer to use epoxy floor because of its attribute of Impact Resistance, Epoxy floor can withstand intense force, for a long period.
- Epoxy flooring systems are abrasion and chemical-resistant. When the right quantity and quality are placed into the chemistry, they provide an impermeable seal to protect the floor from chemical attacks in such places as Chemical plants, Pharmaceuticals Industries, Laboratories, etc. At Sydney Epoxy Flooring, we take our time to put the round peg in the round hole to make sure your floor is formidable to all threats and attacks.
- Epoxy flooring requires little or no major maintenance process, it is very easy to clean and maintain as it has no joints, pores, and openings which makes the flooring free of any kind of dirt and dust. It resists oil stains and water; hence the cleaning process will not take long. The low maintenance needs of the epoxy flooring system ensure that your flooring remains in excellent condition long into the future at little cost.
- Unlike some other forms of flooring and floor coating system that gets burnt when exposed to fire or relatively highly concentrated heat, Epoxy does not burn, when resin and hardener are mixed, they become solid and form and highly adhesive coating and hereby resist fire and heat effects.
- Though it requires services of a professional to get the best installation, however, Epoxy is quick and easy to install and could be done using a DIY manual as it requires no layout, cutting additional adhesives, or special tools or equipment for the installation. It is more advisable to employ the technical know-how of professionals. Sydney Epoxy Flooring got you covered, Give us a call and you will be glad you did.